Nick Kembel: List of Publications
Thank you for your interest in Spiritual Travels! I first started this website in 2010 as an online profile for my freelance writing work, but in 2018 I decided to blog full time and transform this space into the most comprehensive online resource for Taiwan travel and a variety of other topics.
In the last decade I have published several books and contributed photography and articles to numerous magazines and media outlets. I have also collaborated with tourism boards, travel agencies, hotels, and dozens of other travel websites to share my passion about Taiwan travel, traveling with kids, and more. Feel free to contact me if you have a collaboration request!
Here’s a complete list of all my publications and other endeavors beyond what you will find on this website.
– Taiwan in the Eyes of a Foreigner (2011) My first published book—7000+ copies sold.
– Read a review of my book here.
– I have written or contributed to more than a dozen educational textbooks in Taiwan.
I have made numerous contributions to Travel in Taiwan magazine, published by Taiwan’s National Tourism bureau. Here are a just a few online versions of my articles originally published in the magazine:
– Taroko Park theme park in Kaohsiung
– Taipei Vegetarian Dining
– Tainan 321 Art Alley Settlement
– Huwei’s Puppet Theater Heritage
– My photography has been featured in Skylife (Turkish Airlines’ in-flight magazine), Travel360 (Air Asia’s in-flight magazine), Delta Sky In-Flight Magazine, and MiceNet Asia, a Singapore-based business travel magazine.
– I’ve penned numerous articles for Discover Taipei magazine, with topics related to local culture as well as interviews with Taipei-based artists, craftspeople, and entrepreneurs.
– I’ve also contributed several magazine articles and cover images like this one to Centered on Taipei magazine.
Freelance Writing & Media
– Guest host on the documentary Taipei Uncovered: The Secret Side of Taipei by CNN Travel
– “Ask the Experts” feature about tea for National Geographic Traveller Food (Sept. 2019)
– Insider’s Guide to Taipei for CNN Travel
– Best Day Trips from Taipei for CNN Travel
– 15 Local Taipei Tips for Google’s Touring Bird travel tool
– Welcome to the Future of Bangkok for Kimpton Boutique Hotels
– 1 City, 3 Ways: Taipei for Kimpton Boutique Hotels
– A Guide to Taipei’s Night Market Scene for Kimpton Boutique Hotels
– One Day in Taipei for Kimpton Boutique Hotels
– Photo feature in Taiwan News
– Zen and the Art of Cha Dao for The News Lens International
– Take a Tea Tour on the Trail Less Traveled by AmCham Taipei
– A Lost Season for the Tourism Industry by Taipei Times
– Featured and interviewed on GTV News (八大新聞台)
– Interview with Nick: A Canadian Expat Who Lived in Taiwan for Expat Arrivals
– This year will be the year of teaching in Taiwan for Untold Wanderlust
– Nick Kembel: Taiwan Tea-Loving Writer for Life of Taiwan
– Writer Wednesday – Meet Nick Kembel for The World As I See It
– The Art of Tea in Taipei in 852 Hong Kong Airlines Magazine
– Working in Asia: English Teacher to Writer Blogger for TwoCanTravel
Collaborations with other Travel Websites
– 7 Days in Taiwan: A Detailed Itinerary Written by a Longtime Resident for The Planet D
– Top 20 Things to Do in Taiwan (For Nature Lovers) for Green Global Travel
– Sacred Sites and Pilgrimage Routes in the Kii Mountain Range for Everything Everywhere
– Two Days in Taipei for Goats on the Road
– 10 Best Chiang Mai Tours: Awesome Temples, Trekking & Food for Two Scots Abroad
– Sacred Sites and Pilgrimage Routes in Japan’s Kii Mountain Range for History Fangirl
– The Ultimate Guide to Busan, South Korea for Road Affair
– 10 Awesome Adventure Activities to do in Taiwan for Extreme Nomads
– Discover 5 Hidden Spiritual Sites in Taiwan for Backroad Planet
– First Time Taipei: The Best Things to See, Do and Eat for Wandertooth
– 15 Awesome Things to Do in Taipei, Taiwan for Nomadasaurus
– 25 Incredible Things to Do in Taiwan for Budget Your Trip
– 52 Reasons You Must Visit Taiwan for 52 Perfect Days
– 24 Hours in Taipei for Families for Our Globetrotters
– Taiwan Travel Tips from a Local to Know Before You Go for The Invisible Tourist
– Nantou Taiwan: Temples, Mountains and Picture Perfect Lakes for Journalist on the Run
– Taipei Romantic Guide – Things to Do in Taipei For Couples for Lazy Travel Blog
– 5 Unique Things to Do in Taipei for Nomllers
– What to Do in Taipei, Taiwan for Rebecca and the World
– What to Eat in Taiwan: 15 Foods You Can’t Miss for Kavey Eats
– 15 Mouthwatering Busan Food Favorites for 2FoodTrippers
– Taipei, Taiwan after 5 PM for Travel After Five
– Bibich Winery: Indigenous Wines in the Heart of Croatia for Food Wine Sunshine
– How I Saved Loads of Money Teaching English in Taiwan for Where in the World is Nina
– The Best Places to Eat in Taipei for 2FoodTrippers
– What You Could Get in Taipei for $10 for The Beau Traveler
– 20 Regional Street Foods You Must Try in Taiwan for Live Less Ordinary
Speeches and Lectures
– 2018: Speaker at National Taipei University “Tea Cultures of the World” lecture series
– 2018: Speaker at Daojiang Senior High School of Nursing and Home Economics, topic “Following Your Dreams”
– 2016: Interviewed on Pop Radio FM91.7 Mandarin radio station in Taiwan with wife Emily
– 2015: Interviewed on ICRT English radio station in Taiwan, topic: “Parenting in Taiwan”
– 2014: Mandarin speaker at Taiwan Tourism Bureau event introducing new travel app
– 2012: Guest Lecturer at Taipei Medical University, topic: “Publishing and Social Media”
– 2004: Speaker at University of Alberta International Week, topic: “The Dalai Lama and the Tibetan Independence Movement”